Sensory Arachne is an early learning sensory activity, simple to use. The digital, bright spiders spin there way around the screen, chasing your touch or pointer.
Clicking or tapping the app launch screen will load app and fill the screen or window.
If the app fills the window, maximise the window to full screen using your browser menu or settings, and the app will run as full screen.
Press ESC key, click/tap the X button to remove the app from full screen, and it will continue to run in its tab or window.
Arachne is a useful resource for therapists or special education teachers when working with certain students. Arachne is also be a fun activity in a Sensory room as a touch responsive cause and effect app.There are a range of colourful digital spiders and web effects that will either follow your touch or pointer, or run away from your touch.
As well as being used with touch or a mouse, Arachne can be used with the Microsoft Adaptive Controller or XBox controller and well as other pointer devices. Arachne can also be controlled by an external keyboard. The XBox thumb controller/joystick and D-Pad will move a virtual pointer around. Here are the basic controls;
- Button 1, Space bar, Keyboard 1, XBox A resets the position of the digital spider(s)
- Button 2, Keyboard 2, XBox B changes the number of digital spiders on screen
- Button 3, Enter Key, Keyboard 3, XBox X switches between following the touch or running away. Once the spiders run to the edge of the screen tap button 1 to reset them
- Button 4, Keyboard 4, XBox Y changes the colors of the digital spiders
- Keyboard 5, XBox View Button turns off/on the buttons.Buttons Left and Right change the style and speed of the effects.