PiCom is a new Augmentative Alternative Communication (AAC) software app. PiCom is a picture symbol communicator with text to speech or recorded voice output, that runs on a wide range of tablets, phones and computers. PiCom is available for Windows, Chromebook, Android tablets/phones, iPads and iPhone. PiCom will also run and install via most popular web browsers.
PiCom is designed to assist people who have difficulty speaking and for whom symbol communication is deemed appropriate. This could be in a school/educational setting or in a medical situation (short or long term).
1. PiCom includes a range of proven communicator templates, that can be used immediately and expanded or edited.
2. PiCom connects to the text to speech voices on your device, giving a wide range of voice choices in many languages.
3. PiCom can import (and export) existing created communication boards that are in the Open Board Format (file format .obf or .obz).
4. PiCom has many access control input methods, including touch, touch zoom, mouse wheel control, joystick, XBox Controller, D-pad, cursor key control and switch control.
5. PiCom can edit buttons on existing and new boards, changing the background colors, import different symbols, images or photos, change the labels and change the text that is spoken. Add recorded audio to buttons also, using the record feature or import audio.
6. Create your own Communicators and boards from scratch. You can define sizes, use the button editor to populate each button, and export or share the creator communicator in the Open Board format (.obz)
7. PiCom does not require an account to be created, contains no adverts and does not track data for external usage.
8. PiCom can be run as a full screen communicator, or show the selected text/symbols in a viewing window.
9. PiCom can operate in both landscape mode and portrait mode (for phone and tablet use)
10. PiCom does not require an internet connection to work as a communicator. Internet is required to share and download new boards and for updates.
11. Over 2000 PiCom symbols included and available to boards and are available from free download from our website at www.sensoryapphouse.com
12. Sensory Picom is a free download for end users, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
For Commercial License permission for redistribution, bundling or other custom projects, please email [email protected] with an outline of your query.
Short video playlist of PiCom on different devices and computers.